FireMed Terms of Service
FireMed: Emergency Ground Ambulance Services
Ground Ambulance Membership Agreement: Our membership program assures you of the finest emergency ambulance care and transportation, and protects you from any out-of-pocket costs. Your agreement for services is as follows:
- Fully covered services
- Medically necessary Emergency Ambulance Transportation to the nearest medical facility
- Additional services
- Up to two Response Fees Waived
- Services that are not covered
- Convalescent wheelchair transportation or transfer of patient for family convenience
- The member is financially responsible for payment of medical services and/or ambulance transportation which is deemed not medically necessary and is denied payment by the member’s insurance/health plan provider.
- Transfers to another facility for a higher level of care as requested by physician
- Member eligibility: *FireMed membership includes all persons who are permanent residents of the same single-occupancy, non-commercial residence.
- Duration: new ground membership coverage begins three business days after acceptance of a properly completed application form with payment, and extends to June 30 of the following year. Membership cards are not required in order to obtain service under your membership. You will be active in our membership database, assuring that if transported, your membership will apply.
- FireMed is in excess of any medical benefits members may have and is entitled to all medical benefits. Should a member receive payment from insurance, third party recovery, or other medical benefits, the member agrees to immediately forward such payment to the ambulance service provider. Members agree to cooperate to bill and collect from insurance, third party, or other medical benefits for sevices rendered, including the execution of documents or claim forms.
- FireMed membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. Violations of terms of agreement may result in immediate cancellation of membership and the individual will be held responsible for the full amount of ambulance charges.
- FireMed is not an insurance program, but will provide ambulance service and will bill whatever insurance or medical benefits are available to the member.
AirMedCare Network Terms and Conditions
AirMedCare Network is an alliance of affiliated air ambulance providers* (each a “Company”). An AirMedCare Network membership automatically enrolls you as a member in each Company’s membership program. Membership ensures the patient will have no out-of-pocket flight expenses if flown by a Company by providing prepaid protection against a Company’s air ambulance costs that are not covered by a member’s insurance or other benefits or third party responsibility, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Patient transport will be to the closest appropriate medical facility for medical conditions that are deemed by AMCN Provider attending medical professionals to be life- or limb-threatening, or that could lead to permanent disability, and which require emergency air ambulance transport. A patient’s medical condition, not membership status, will dictate whether or not air transportation is appropriate and required. Under all circumstances, an AMCN Provider retains the sole right and responsibility to determine whether or not a patient is flown.
- AMCN Provider air ambulance services may not be available when requested due to factors beyond its control, such as use of the appropriate aircraft by another patient or other circumstances governed by operational requirements or restrictions including, but not limited to, equipment manufacturer limitations, governmental regulations, maintenance requirements, patient condition, age or size, or weather conditions. FAA restrictions prohibit most AMCN Provider aircraft from flying in inclement weather conditions. The primary determinant of whether to accept a flight is always the safety of the patient and medical flight crews. Emergent ground ambulance transport of a member by an AMCN Provider will be covered under the same terms and conditions.
- Members who have insurance or other benefits, or third party responsibility claims, that cover the cost of ambulance services are financially liable for the cost of AMCN Provider services up to the limit of any such available coverage. In return for payment of the membership fee, the AMCN Provider will consider its air ambulance costs that are not covered by any insurance, benefits or third party responsibility available to the member to have been fully prepaid. The AMCN Provider reserves the right to bill directly any appropriate insurance, benefits provider or third party for services rendered, and members authorize their insurers, benefits providers and responsible third parties to pay any covered amounts directly to the AMCN Provider. Members agree to remit to the AMCN Provider any payment received from insurance or benefit providers or any third party for air medical services provided by the AMCN Provider, not to exceed regular charges. Neither the Company nor AirMedCare Network is an insurance company. Membership is not an insurance policy and cannot be considered as a secondary insurance coverage or a supplement to any insurance coverage. Neither the Company nor AirMedCare Network will be responsible for payment for services provided by another ambulance service.
- Membership starts 15 days after the Company receives a complete application with full payment; however, the waiting period will be waived for unforeseen events occurring during such time. Members must be natural persons. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Some state laws prohibit Medicaid beneficiaries from being offered membership or being accepted into membership programs. By applying, members certify to the Company that they are not Medicaid beneficiaries.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous terms and conditions between a member and the Company or AirMedCare Network, including any other writings, or verbal representations, relating to the terms and conditions of membership.
*Air Evac EMS, Inc. / Guardian Flight LLC / Med-Trans Corporation / REACH Air Medical Services, LLC — These terms and conditions apply to all AirMedCare Network participating provider membership programs, regardless of which participating provider transports you.